Monday, August 15, 2016

This thing called Island Time

Today our first official day of reality and boy was it an eye opener!

We got internet today,... it took 3 hours to set up. You see here they are on Island Time, which pretty much means slow and when we feel like it. They aren't rude about it at all! In fact they are really sweet and helpful while working really slowly. He was telling me all about the area, talking about where a few other beaches are, best places to shop to get deals, what to buy where.

All great info and I did make some notes while we talked but I really just wanted my TV and internet hooked up. So from a mainlanders perspective it felt like forever and lets be honest 3 hours with 3 kids running around while your focus is on something else is forever. He really was very personable, when he left I felt like we were friends now lol. I know about his kids and wife, area he lives, hobbies. All that was missing was setting up a play date.

Its not just the cable company either, every thing is at a slower pace here. Something that I admit I am struggling a little bit to get used to. No rush or hurry from the locals at all, you can spot the transplants pretty easy, they tend to look annoyed and are checking the time a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment